People, humans and artists.
To begin with, some artist's sites somewhat similar (or indeed dissimilar) to this one, by people. In no particular order at all.
- Mumbleboy; SO cool! Lots of really cute and/or strangely disturbingly weird and wonderful Flash animation and other stuff! GO THERE!
- More amazing illustration and Flash animation at www.torisukoshiro.com
- The Alchemical Wedding, an assortment of strange, wonderous and grotesque drawings, paintings, digital works and other fine stuff by David Aronson
- The Preshaa - great drawings and Flash stuff, interesting links!
- www.eboy.com: Mad cute violent strange subversive bitmappy old-skool graphix design type gubbins of the highest order! Go! Now! (p.s. not to be confused with ebay.)
- Zeroes Unlimited; a very very funny bunch of stuff about such substandard items as bootleg toys and arcade machines, the more bizzare and scatalogical and rubbish end of the defunct console game spectrum, adverts in comics and much more! Great stuff!
- Clayton Bailey's wonderful site, full of fine surreal ceramics, found object sculptures and pleasing (and/or unpleasent) works of all varieties! Fabulous, go there, be amused, even purchase if you are able!
- The Hooting Yard: remarkable Surrealist writings, images and commendable collaborative projects. Unfortunately the perpetrator, a Mr Frank Key, rarely seems to add to it these days. No matter, there is plenty to keep one amused there for some time!
- Ian Campbell's excellent homepage, containing his digital collages, the episode guide to Tim Hunkin's (yet another person; there are so many...fixed this link BTW!) marvelous TV seriesThe Secret Life of Machines, and resources related to Bruce Sterling's Dead Media Project.
(Tim Hunkin's work and other madness at the wonderful Cabaret Mechanical Theater)
- Perryopolis: Kwality Kartoons by Kaz; a nice little page!! Great artwork, most entertaining!
- Illustrator John Hershey's site: Well worth a visit. It is well designed, oft updated, contains great gif animations and other entertaining stuff.
- Artist and special effects man Adam Savage's site has lots of great stuff, including some of his fine sculptures, a Blade Runner Replica gun kit which you can buy, various palendromes (Including "Sure, vomit, Tim, over us!"), and a collection of extremely funny mistranslations and other head on collisions with the language barrier (speaking of which...). Well worth a visit!!!
- Matthew Friday, Artist? Even, or.
- Tom Phillips, 'author' of A Humument. I'll explain: he found a copy of an old victorian novel (as opposed to all those newfangled victorian novels you get these days...)..excuse me. He took a copy of 'A Human Monument', and by cutting it up and beautifully drawing and painting on it, creating new sentances and meaning by obscuring all but a few words of each page, created an amazing ongoing art book surrealist project type thing! Wow! It's wonderful! Also does lots of other great paintings etc. Wow! I just recently read a book about him and his work, and he's even better than I thought!
- Tartarugo's page has lots of great Fluxus and mailart type stuff, well worth a look!
- Groo is not an artist. In fact, he isn't even a person, he's a character in a comic. A very fine comic, entitled 'Groo the Wanderer'
- Tom Jennings appears to be a real person, and an artist. He is also a punk/skateboarder/engineer/cold war enthusiast! His page is fine indeed with all manner of interesting an amusing things! Go there! Buy stuff! (You can purchase from him sew-on Nuclear Defense patches, and videos of cold war public and military education films! What more could you want?) See his marvellous hi/lo tech sculpture devices!
- Most of the many collectors of M.U.S.C.L.E. (those most marvellous of little pink figures from the 80's) are people of sorts. A great many have crawled out of the virtual woodwork recently, and links to their webpages can be found on my M.U.S.C.L.E. links page!
The following websites are without doubt actual real life people's websites, as I have seen the people responsable in what passes for real life around here. Must get some more of my friends to create websites, so I can put them here!!
- Toru Takamizawa, artist and musician. The only member of Cementimental with real musical expertese!!
- Jamie Beard is one of my fellow animators, who has a very nice page containing some of his fine works.
- My friend Asa's page, minimalist and nice, lots of cool stuff, including STAR WARS LEGO!!!
- My friend Martin's website. He is secretary of the Irresponsible Pictures Society and all round computer genius. His homepage contains all the various classic homepage stuff, and is most entertaining, if not entirely tasteful.
- The saga of the transformation of my friend Chris Dobson's car into...another car!! Well, the same car actually. Only better. And louder.
- Stelio Passaris is a friend of my friend Chris Doonan, and any friend of my friend Chris is a friend of a friend of mine! Or something. Anyway.. This website, (now new and improved and with address of www.stelio.net!) is most entertaining and well worth a visit. Not that the other sites here aren't! Obviously they are, or they wouldn't be here!
- Another friend, this time in the form of Jaron Ghani, whom I have known for many years! See his fabulously stylish site for his new media company!