Do you tire of the virtual? Stomach it for a little longer in order to attain something tangible.
Things which are Free.
Why are there not more?
- Help the people of the world to fight against exploitative alien abductors! This involves getting 1000 (!) free (just send postage) stickers with an attractive anti-extraterrestrial design, from the sinister organisation known simply as V2.
- Mail Art; you send people nice stuff, they send nice stuff back. Other people send nice stuff without warning. Art democratised.
- See if you have any better luck than me in getting free stuff from the many pages supposedly giving away free product samples etc. Please let me know if you find a list of UK valid offers, as many of these are US only, worse luck.
- Create a real, three-dimentional thing, in the form of an origami yak of my own design.
Things which are Enslaved by Capitalism
Or: 'Why am I giving these people free advertising?'
- Disinfotainment purvey all manner of entertaining underground subculture type stuff; zines, books, retro ephemera, mail art stuff, bizzare and unusual things of all descriptions, and much much more...check out their web catalogue and see if you can stop yourself spending all your money!
- Visit Baylit for all your individual Lego component purchasing needs!
- Hobby Link Japan are THE place to go if you want to order all those marvellous Japanese model kits, but not pay the ludicrous prices of Forbidden Planet and the like...Really good service and insanely cheaper than any other means of aquiring such items. Cut out the middleman, and get those Nausicaa models for about 4 pounds(or whatever)
- Waste time (and possibly money if you don't watch out) looking on ebay for things being auctioned for either more than you can afford or less than the minimum bid. For fun, try looking for really odd stuff...there's always at least one...the more odd, the less likeley you will bid, so save money now!
- Otaku are fine mail order company purveying various anime and manga stuff. If you are an IPS member you will get a ten percent discount, but you are probably not, so you won't.
- Hey, I'm an Amazon accociate, which means that if you visit www.amazon.co.uk from a link on my site, and then buy a book from their virtually limitless selection, I get a tiny commission. If this procedure is repeated many hundreds of times, I may one day see some money come my way. As I have so far made the grand total of nothing whatsoever, I'm not too confident of fortune resulting from this endevour...Still, if you are going to buy something from them anyway, you might as well do it through me!