Musical selectionsI've become recently enamoured of all manner of musical DIYery, digital harcore, charity shop vinal, REAL hiphop, DJing, wierd noises, and the like, so more music stuff on my site at some stage sooooon!
Stuff about my own music/noise activities, under the name of CEMENTIMENTAL, are here, along with more experimental music links...
Proper music (?!)
- Well, I've finally found the music I've always been looking for, and it's name is
Atari Teenage Riot, Alec Empire, Bomb 20, EC8OR, Shizuo, they're all insane! I like!
- Björk; she's a musical genius, and if you don't agree, I fear you may be mistaken. The Ultimate Intimate is the Björk fan site! Also ???remixes is interesting stuff.
- Portishead are good....just wish they'd release more!
- Moloko are another great band; a kind of comedy Portishead, and I mean that in the nicest possible way. Except that sometime since the release of their wonderful first album they have now been destroyed and replaced by evil clones.
- I also like Shonen Knife, the great silly japanese poppunk band!!! They are great!!!
www.shonenknife.net - official Shonen Knife site
www.shonenknife.com - official fan site 'Shonen Knife Nexus'
- Finnish electro-industrial type band-thing Panasonic are good too! Well I like them anyway, even if no-one else except John Peel does. They make their own analogue electronic instruments, and most of their tracks sound like something has gone wrong. Great stuff!!
- Alec Empire is great! (see; digital hardcore!!) especially his more alarming stuff such as his apocalyptic Björk remixes, and especially his astonishing 'Alec Empire Vs Elvis Prestly' record.
- I'm also a big fan of other musicpeople/genres/bands too numerous to mention in depth, including Captain Beefheart, David Bowie, They Might Be Giants, Drum & Bass, Dodgy 80's Metal (esp. Iron Maiden!), etc........blah
experimental weirdnessI've recently become interested in experimental/weird/noisy/electronic/art music/audio type stuff! I'll probably do some myself soon, and you'll hear it here first!
I like lots of other music too. Maybe I'll put some more links when I get round to it, but at the moment I can't be bothered. You probably like different stuff from me anyway, so go and search the web yourself.
- 'Artistic Applications Using Electronic Components': VERY inspiring page from Q.R. Ghazala, who's pioneered 'Circuit Bending'. This is a way of modifying low-voltage electronic soundmaking toys/devices to turn them into alien instruments!! No electronics knowledge/skill required!! another page about his work at Oddmusic
- Carrionsound also circuitbend... many great images and sounds!
- Negativland: The legendary culture-jamming, sampling, lawsuit-suffering folks. Fun!
- Plunderphonic: havn't heard much of this yet, but from what I have heard + read it's top stuff!
- MORE along these lines on my circuit-bending/noise site - CEMENTIMENTAL